Office of Data Dissemination and Transparency
The Office of Data Dissemination and Transparency is a part of the Florida Center for Health Information and Transparency (Florida Center). This team performs several major functions including:
Manages the Agency's Transparency Websites
- FloridaHealthFinder, provides consumers information about health care services, pricing/charges, and quality of care for pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory surgery centers, and health plans. The website also provides a list of licensed health care facilities, and a multimedia encyclopedia that allows users to look up a condition or procedure and find definitions, symptoms, tests, surgeries, nutrition, health videos and much more.
- FloridaHealthPriceFinder, provides consumers with the ability to research and compare health care costs in Florida at the national, state, and local levels. Supported by a database of more than 15 million lines of insurance claim data sourced directly from Florida insurers, the website displays costs as Care Bundles representing the typical set of services a patient receives as part of treatment for a specific medical condition. Care Bundles are broken down into logical steps, which may include one or more procedures and tests and the 295 care bundles currently available on FloridaHealthPriceFinder account for 90% of consumer searches on national pricing websites.
Coordinates Panel Meetings
The Pediatric Cardiac Technical Advisory Panel, charged to develop procedures and standards for measuring outcomes of pediatric cardiac catheterization and surgery programs; and to make recommendations to the Agency for rules that implement those standards.
Fulfills Data Requests and Provides Technical Assistance to Data Users
- Data users can request specialized reports for specific data needs that involve non-confidential data, special ad-hoc queries, and other reports. To order data, please go to www.FloridaHealthFinder.gov. The main sources of data requested are:
- Hospital Patient Data
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Patient Data
- Emergency Department Patient Data (starting in 2005)
- Hospital Financial Data
For information regarding custom data requests or to order data please contact:
Agency for Health Care Administration,
Florida Center for health Information and Transparency,
Office of Data Dissemination and Transparency,
2727 Mahan Drive, MS 16
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Ph: (850) 412-3772
Claims Data Collection Rule Finalized
Claims Data Collection Rule 59E-9.010 adopted on April 2, 2018