Developmental Disabilities Individual Budgeting (iBudget) Waiver
The purpose of the Medicaid iBudget Waiver is to provide home and community-based supports and services to eligible persons with developmental disabilities living at home or in a home-like setting, utilize an individual budgeting approach, and provide enhanced opportunities for self-determination. The iBudget Waiver is designed to promote and maintain the health of eligible individuals with developmental disabilities, to provide medically necessary supports and services to delay or prevent institutionalization, and to foster the principles and appreciation of self-determination.
iBudget Waiver Amendment
The Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) is announcing the start of a 30-day public notice and comment period. The Agency is seeking to amend the Developmental Disabilities Individual Budgeting Waiver (FL.0867), which operates under the authority of Section 1915(c) of the Social Security Act. The 30-day public notice and comment period will be held from January 13, 2021 through February 11, 2021, prior to the submission of the amendment request to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Changes to the approved waiver that are being made in the amendment application include:
- An update to APD’s contact information.
- An update to the qualifications of individuals who perform reevaluations
- Removal of individuals as a provider type option for support coordination
- An update to support coordination agency requirements
- An update to the waiver’s qualified providers Performance Measures
- Removal of reference to iBudget system and replace with APD iConnect
When providing comments, please include “Proposed Amendment to 1915(c) iBudget Waiver” in the subject line:
- Submit email comments to FLMedicaidWaivers@ahca.myflorida.com.
- Submit comments by mail to Agency for Health Care Administration, Bureau of Medicaid Policy, 2727 Mahan Drive, MS 20, Tallahassee, Florida 32308.
iBudget Waiver Amendment [10.02MB PDF]
To qualify for the iBudget Waiver the applicant must:
- Meet the eligibility requirements in accordance with Chapter 393, F.S.
- Meet the Level of Care criteria for placement in an ICF/IID
- Be eligible for Medicaid under one of a variety of categories described in the Florida Medicaid Provider General Handbook
- Be diagnosed with one or more of the following qualifying disabilities:
- The individual’s intelligence quotient (IQ) is 59 or less; or
- The individual’s IQ is 60-69 inclusive and the individual has a secondary handicapping condition that includes: Down syndrome; Cerebral palsy; Prader-Willi Syndrome; Spina bifida; Epilepsy; Autism; or ambulation, sensory, chronic health, and behavioral problems; or has an IQ of 60-69 inclusive and the individual has severe functional limitations in at least three major life activities including self-care, learning, mobility, self-direction, understanding and use of language, and capacity for independent living; or
- The individual is eligible under the category of Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome or Spina bifida and the individual has severe functional limitations in at least three major life activities including self-care, learning, mobility, self-direction, understanding and use of language, and capacity for independent living.
Waiver services include:
- Adult Day Training
- Adult Dental Services
- Behavior Analysis Services
- Behavior Assistant Services
- Consumable Medical Supplies
- Dietitian Services
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations
- Occupational Therapy
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Personal Supports
- Physical Therapy
- Private Duty Nursing
- Residential Habilitation
- Residential Nursing Services
- Respiratory Therapy
- Respite Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Specialized Medical Home Care
- Specialized Mental Health Counseling
- Speech Therapy
- Support Coordination
- Supported Employment
- Supported Living Coaching
How to Apply
For information on how to apply for the iBudget Waiver, contact the Agency for Persons with Disabilities by phone, toll-free at 1-866-273-2273, or by mail at: Agency for Persons with Disabilities, 4030 Esplanade Way, Suite 380 Tallahassee, FL 32399-0950.
Effective 04/01/2019: iBudget Waiver [10.17MB PDF]