Developmental Disabilities Individual Budgeting (iBudget) Waiver
The purpose of the Medicaid iBudget Waiver is to provide home and community-based supports and services to eligible persons with developmental disabilities living at home or in a home-like setting, utilize an individual budgeting approach, and provide enhanced opportunities for self-determination. The iBudget Waiver is designed to promote and maintain the health of eligible individuals with developmental disabilities, to provide medically necessary supports and services to delay or prevent institutionalization, and to foster the principles and appreciation of self-determination.
iBudget Waiver Renewal
The Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) is announcing the start of a 30-day public notice and comment period. The Agency is seeking to renew Florida’s 1915(c) iBudget Waiver. Significant changes to the approved waiver that are being made in the renewal application include:
- An update to the number of unduplicated recipients.
- An update to performance measures and the applicable remediations in Appendices A, B, C, D, and G.
- Removal of the Comprehensive Transitional Education Program as a provider type.
- An update to the waiver effective date to April 1, 2019 to align with standardized reporting timeframes. A temporary extension from March 15, 2019 through March 31, 2019 is being requested.
The Agency will conduct a 30-day public notice and comment period prior to the submission of the proposed amendment requests to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The Agency will consider all public comments received regarding the proposed renewal request. The 30-day public notice and public comment period is from November 7, 2018 through December 6, 2018. This public notice and public comment period is being held to solicit public input from recipients, providers, and all stakeholders and interested parties.
When submitting comments, please include “Proposed Renewal to 1915(c) iBudget Waiver” in the subject line:
- Submit email comments to FLMedicaidWaivers@ahca.myflorida.com.
- Submit comments by mail to Bureau of Medicaid Policy, Agency for Health Care Administration, 2727 Mahan Drive, MS 20, Tallahassee, Florida 32308.
iBudget Renewal Request [2.08MB PDF]
To qualify for the iBudget Waiver the applicant must:
- Meet the eligibility requirements in accordance with Chapter 393, F.S.
- Meet the Level of Care criteria for placement in an ICF/IID
- Be eligible for Medicaid under one of a variety of categories described in the Florida Medicaid Provider General Handbook
- Be diagnosed with one or more of the following qualifying disabilities:
- The individual’s intelligence quotient (IQ) is 59 or less; or
- The individual’s IQ is 60-69 inclusive and the individual has a secondary handicapping condition that includes: Down syndrome; Cerebral palsy; Prader-Willi Syndrome; Spina bifida; Epilepsy; Autism; or ambulation, sensory, chronic health, and behavioral problems; or has an IQ of 60-69 inclusive and the individual has severe functional limitations in at least three major life activities including self-care, learning, mobility, self-direction, understanding and use of language, and capacity for independent living; or
- The individual is eligible under the category of Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome or Spina bifida and the individual has severe functional limitations in at least three major life activities including self-care, learning, mobility, self-direction, understanding and use of language, and capacity for independent living.
Waiver services include:
- Adult Day Training
- Adult Dental Services
- Behavior Analysis Services
- Behavior Assistant Services
- Consumable Medical Supplies
- Dietitian Services
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations
- Occupational Therapy
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Personal Supports
- Physical Therapy
- Private Duty Nursing
- Residential Habilitation
- Residential Nursing Services
- Respiratory Therapy
- Respite Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Specialized Medical Home Care
- Specialized Mental Health Counseling
- Speech Therapy
- Support Coordination
- Supported Employment
- Supported Living Coaching
How to Apply
For information on how to apply for the iBudget Waiver, contact the Agency for Persons with Disabilities by phone, toll-free at 1-866-273-2273, or by mail at: Agency for Persons with Disabilities, 4030 Esplanade Way, Suite 380 Tallahassee, FL 32399-0950.