Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) Services
Medicaid reimburses for all-inclusive rehabilitative services for recipients with intellectual disabilities who reside in an intermediate care facility.
Intermediate Care Facility Services includes the following:
- Activity services
- Dental services
- Dietary services (including therapeutic diet)
- Nursing services
- Pharmacy services
- Physician services
- Rehabilitative care (including physical, speech, occupational and mental health therapies)
- Room/ bed and maintenance services
- Routine personal hygiene items
- Social services
This service is not one of the minimum covered services for health plans serving Medicaid enrollees.
Florida Medicaid recipients requiring medically necessary ICF/IID services who:
- Have the level of need and level of reimbursement determined by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities in the last six months
- Meet the requirements for the Institutional Care Program
The Florida Medicaid coverage policies, fee schedules, and Rule are available on the Agency Website.