The Investigations Unit is responsible for evaluating complaints and conducting administrative investigations concerning certain allegations against Agency employees and AHCA contractors. Types of allegations investigated by the OIG Investigations Unit include:
- Whistle-blower, as defined by s. 112.3187, F.S.
- Sexual Harassment, as defined by Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Discrimination, as defined by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Violations of:
- Florida Statutes
- Florida Administrative Code
- Agency Policies
To file a complaint with the Office of the Inspector General, please use the Complaint Form. If you need help submitting a complaint, you can call 1-850-412-3990: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST.
To file a Medicaid complaint, please see Florida Medicaid Complaints, or visit the Consumer Complaint, Publication and Information Call Center.
If your complaint is about the quality of care received in a Hospital, Nursing Home, Assisted Living Facility or Group Home, please contact the agency at 1-888-419-3456 / 1-800-955-8771 Florida Relay Service (TDD number). You can also submit your complaint online:
- For licensed health care facilities, please use the Licensed Facility Complaint form.
- For unlicensed health care facilities, please use the Unlicensed Facility Complaint form.
If you think a health care provider is committing Medicaid billing fraud, please contact the fraud and abuse hotline at 1-888-419-3456, or submit a Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Complaint.
To file other types of complaints, including complaints about Medicaid Eligibility, or Health Care Practitioners, or to report suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation of the elderly or a vulnerable adult, please see Other Types of Complaints.