Hurricane Irma Related Information
(Last Updated: September 25, 2017)
Provide Your Facility Updates
- Log into FLHealthSTAT to create an account or to ensure that your account is active. Request login assistance by emailing email@example.com. Please use this system to update available beds and critical system issues (power outage, etc.). If an event is activated in your area, please update status, impacts or damage, and track needs. The system serves as a monitoring tool, so if you must make a request for assistance, please contact your local Emergency Operations Center--a link is available at: http://www.floridadisaster.org/fl_county_em.asp. To learn how to update your bed availability, use this Guide.
- Double check your evacuation plans and ensure that the location you plan to evacuate to is fully equipped to handle your residents; consider alternative plans if your primary evacuation location is in an area likely to be affected by the storm. Also, double check your transportation plans and contracts--some members were negatively affected last year during Hurricane Matthew when their transportation providers failed to honor their contracts.
- Track the Storm through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Evacuations Outside of Florida
- During this state of emergency, Florida is working with neighboring states to address questions regarding licensure reciprocity to Florida licensed nurses accompanying their patients evacuating to other states. The site will be updated as clarification is available. For questions regarding any requirements of the individual states during this state of emergency, please contact the individual Boards of Nursing listed below:
For other regulatory questions, see the AHCA Resources below
Notify the Agency for Health Care Administration regarding evacuations and other issues you encounter during and after the storm by using the FLHealthSTAT system. If you have difficulty or need to reach Agency staff, please contact the licensure units for assistance as noted below.
Assisted Living Unit
Phone: (850) 412-4304
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Adult Day Care Centers
- Adult Family Care Homes
Laboratory and In-Home Services Unit
Phone: (850) 412-4500
- End Stage Renal Disease
- Home Health Agencies
Hospital and Outpatient Services Unit
Phone: (850) 412-4549
- Crisis Stabilization Units and Short Term Residential Treatment Facilities
- Residential Treatment Centers for Children and Adolescents
- Residential Treatment Facilities
Long-Term Care Services Unit
Phone: (850) 412-4303
- Nursing Homes
- Intermediate Care Facilities for the Developmentally Disabled
- Homes for Special Services
- Hospices (inpatient/residential only)
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Facilities
- Transitional Living Facilities