Consumer Complaint, Publication and Information Call Center (888) 419-3456 / (800) 955-8771 Florida Relay Service (TDD number)
For registering your complaints or requesting information, use the following options:
- To obtain general information about Medicaid. If you have concerns about the services provided under your Medicaid insurance plan, such as transportation, dental services or prescription coverage, or if you want to change your plan, you may also reach our Medicaid Contact Center directly at 1-877-254-1055.
To find out if you qualify for Medicaid services, need a replacement Gold card, need to add a family member, or want information about the Medically Needy Program, please call the Department of Children and Families at 1-866-762-2237.
- Available Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., EST. To file a complaint about a health care facility, such as a hospital, nursing home, assisted living facility, home health agency, or other type of health care facility. Your patient care complaint may also be filed at any time, by completing the Health Care Facility Complaint Form located here: Health Care Facility Complaint Form. Please search our FloridaHealthFinder.gov site to see if the facility you have concerns about is one that is regulated by our Agency.
- If you have questions regarding Background Screening results or the Background Screening Clearinghouse. Please visit the Background Screening Unit page at Background Sceening Services
- If you are calling to file a complaint against your Medicaid HMO, need a status on a Medicaid claim or have any Medicaid related Questions. You can also visit the Medicaid page at Florida Medicaid Complaints
- If you need assistance with other areas of the Agency not listed.
If you would like to have a directory of all facilities of a particular type such as nursing homes or hospitals, you may download that information from our website at http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov/.
Read more about what happens when you make a complaint.
Useful links from the Call Center.