Office of Data Dissemination and Communication
The Office of Data Dissemination and Communication is a part of the Florida Center for Health Information and Transparency (Florida Center). This team performs several major functions including:
- Maintaining the Agency website, www.FloridaHealthFinder.gov. This website provides consumers information about health care services, pricing/charges, and quality of care for pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory surgery centers, and health plans. The website also provides a list of licensed health care facilities, and a multimedia encyclopedia that allows users to look up a condition or procedure and find definitions, symptoms, tests, surgeries, nutrition, health videos and much more.
- Committees and Councils. Coordinates the State Consumer Health Information and Policy Advisory Council and ad hoc technical workgroups.
- Provides webinar training. The webinar is a FREE live virtual tour featuring the highlights of the FloridaHealthFinder.gov website. If you are interested in signing up for a webinar, please complete the Contact Us form.
- Fulfills data requests and provides technical assistance to data users. Data users can request specialized reports for specific data needs that involve non-confidential data, special ad-hoc queries, and other reports. To order data, please go to www.FloridaHealthFinder.gov. The main sources of data requested are:
- Hospital Patient Data
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Patient Data
- Emergency Department Patient Data (starting in 2005)
- Hospital Financial Data
- Consumer brochures and other publications. These can be viewed at http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov/reports-guides/reports-guides.aspx.