A Florida KidCare Partner
What is MediKids?
MediKids is a Florida KidCare Program. Administered by the Agency for Health Care Administration, the program offers low-cost health insurance coverage for children ages 1 through 4. See the MediKids Parent Information brochure [PDF 1.43MB] for additional facts about the program.
- MediKids enrollees receive most Medicaid benefits.
- MediKids enrollees receive services from Medicaid providers.
- MediKids is not an entitlement program.
- Families pay a $15 or $20 monthly premium per household, depending on income.
- MediKids offers a full pay premium of $157 per month for each child, for families with incomes greater than the program guidelines.
- MediKids families with questions about the Florida KidCare Dispute Review Process can call Florida Healthy Kids at
1-800-821-5437 or refer to the document at the link below.
MediKids Managed Care Plan Choices
- MediKids recipients will receive their health care services through the Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) program.
- Families with children eligible for the MediKids program can call the toll-free MediKids Helpline at 1-877-506-0578 for assistance selecting a managed care plan.
- Only Medicaid contracted health care providers and managed care plans may serve MediKids enrollees.
- State law (Section 409.8132(7), Florida Statutes) specifies families must choose a Medicaid-participating managed care plan before a child’s MediKids coverage begins.
Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) –
Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) Program
What does the program do?
Florida’s SMMC program is changing the way MediKids health care services are provided. This means that MediKids members will receive their health care services through a managed care plan. Keep in mind that MMA plans will cover services such as prescriptions, doctors’ visits and hospital stays.
All MMA plans offer the following health care services:
- Physician services, including physician assistant services
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital inpatient services
- Hospital outpatient services
- Mental health services
- Early periodic screening diagnosis and treatment services for recipients under age 21
- Emergency services
- Ambulatory surgical treatment center services
- Advanced registered nurse practitioner services
- Optical services and supplies
- Dental services
- Medical supplies, equipment, prosthesis, and orthoses
- Chiropractic services
- Nursing care
- Family planning services and supplies (some exception)
- Podiatric services
- Healthy Start services (some exception)
- Physical, occupational, respiratory, and speech therapy services
- Hearing services
- Laboratory and imaging services
- Home health agency services
- Renal dialysis services
- Hospice services
- Respiratory equipment and supplies
- Optometrist services
- Rural health clinic services
- Birthing center services
- Substance abuse treatment services
- Transportation to access covered services
Medicaid and MediKids Dental Benefits Information
For dental provider information, please contact your managed care plan for help choosing a dental provider.