What is MediKids?
MediKids is a Florida KidCare Program. Administered by the Agency for Health Care Administration, the program offers low-cost health insurance coverage for children ages 1 through 4. See the MediKids Parent Information brochure [PDF 1.43MB] for additional facts about the program.
MediKids Managed Care Enrollment
MediKids recipients receive their health care services through Medicaid’s Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) program. Children must be enrolled in a health plan and pay the monthly premium of $15 or $20 before MediKids coverage can begin.
All MMA plans offer the following health care services:
- Physician services, including physician assistant services
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital inpatient services
- Hospital outpatient services
- Mental health services
- Early periodic screening diagnosis and treatment services for recipients under age 21
- Emergency services
- Ambulatory surgical treatment center services
- Advanced registered nurse practitioner services
- Optical services and supplies
- Dental services
- Medical supplies, equipment, prosthesis, and orthoses
- Chiropractic services
- Nursing care
- Family planning services and supplies (some exception)
- Podiatric services
- Healthy Start services (some exception)
- Physical, occupational, respiratory, and speech therapy services
- Hearing services
- Laboratory and imaging services
- Home health agency services
- Renal dialysis services
- Hospice services
- Respiratory equipment and supplies
- Optometrist services
- Rural health clinic services
- Birthing center services
- Substance abuse treatment services
- Transportation to access covered services
MediKids Managed Care Plan Choices
- Families with children eligible for the MediKids program can call the toll-free MediKids Helpline at 1-877-506-0578 for assistance selecting a health plan.
- Only Medicaid contracted health plans may serve MediKids enrollees.
- State law requires families to choose a health plan and pay a monthly premium before a child’s MediKids coverage begins.
MediKids Dental Benefits Information
Please contact your health plan for help choosing a dental provider.
Florida KidCare Dispute Review Process
MediKids families with questions about the Florida KidCare Dispute Review Process can call Florida Healthy Kids at 1-800-821-5437.
Vaccine Billing Instructions, Codes and Fees
Archived Codes and Fees