Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Home Health Services
Medicaid reimburses for home health services that are rendered by licensed, Medicaid-participating home health agencies and Medicaid enrolled independent personal care providers.
Florida Medicaid reimburses for home health services that are rendered by licensed, Medicaid-participating home health agencies and Medicaid enrolled or registered independent personal care providers.
Medicaid reimburses for the following services:
This service is one of the minimum covered services for all Managed Medical Assistance, Long-term Care and Comprehensive Long-term Care plans serving Medicaid enrollees.
- Home visit services provided by a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse
- Home visits provided by a qualified home health aide.
- Private duty nursing for children age 20 or younger.
- Personal care services for children age 20 or younger.
All Florida Medicaid recipients who meet the following criteria may receive home health services:
- Are under the care of an attending physician and have a physician’s order for home health services
- Have a medical condition or disability that substantially limits their ability to perform ADLs or IADLs and do not have a parent or legal guardian able to provide this care
- Require services that can be safely, effectively, and efficiently provided in the home or other authorized setting
Information on Medicaid health plans and services is available on the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care webpage.
The Florida Medicaid coverage policies, fee schedules, and Rule are available on the Agency Website.