Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Medicaid reimburses for evaluation, diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical services for disorders of the respiratory system.
Medicaid reimburses for respiratory services including:
- Respiratory surgical services
- Pulmonary diagnostic testing and therapies
- Ventilator management
- Physician review and interpretation of home apnea monitoring for recipients under the age of two years who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Biological sibling of a sudden infant death syndrome victim
- Birth weight of 1,500 grams (3.3 pounds) or less
- Diagnosed with clinically significant apnea with breathing cessation for 20 seconds or longer, or an absence of breathing for any length of time accompanied by a decrease in heart rate (bradycardia)
This service is one of the minimum covered services for all Managed Medical Assistance plans serving Medicaid enrollees.
Florida Medicaid recipients requiring medically necessary respiratory services.
Information on Medicaid health plans and services is available on the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care webpage.
The Florida Medicaid coverage policies, fee schedules, and Rule are available on the Agency Website.