Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Family Planning Waiver Services
Medicaid reimburses for family planning waiver services to eligible women for a maximum of 24 months including:
Individuals are excluded from enrollment in the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program.
- Family planning initial or annual examinations
- Family planning counseling visits
- Family planning supply visits
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) counseling visits
- Various methods of birth control
- Family planning laboratory tests
- Family planning related pharmaceuticals
- Evaluation and management visits for STD treatment and follow-up
- Approved sterilization
All Medicaid recipients who meet the following criteria may enroll to receive family planning waiver services:
- Women, aged 14-55
- Women with family incomes at or below 185 percent of the Federal Poverty Level who are not otherwise eligible for Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, or health insurance coverage that provides family planning services and who have lost Medicaid eligibility within the last two years. This includes women losing Medicaid managed care coverage.
The Florida Medicaid Family Planning Waiver Handbook, coverage policies, and fee schedules are available on the Florida Medicaid Family Planning web page.