Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Evaluation and Management Services
Medicaid reimburses for evaluation and management services to provide for physician visits to maintain a recipient’s health, prevent disease, and treat illness.
Medicaid reimburses for evaluation and management services including:
- Adult Health Screening Services
- One adult health screening every 365 days, for recipients age 21 years and older
- Child Health Check-Up Services
- Preventative medicine services for recipients under the age of 21 years, in accordance with the American Academy of Pediatrics periodicity schedule
- Custodial Care Facility Services and Nursing Facility Services
- One evaluation and management visit per month, per recipient
- Office Visits
- As medically necessary for recipients under the age of 21 years and pregnant recipients age 21 years and older
- Up to two office visits per month, per specialty, for recipients age 21 years and older
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment
This service is one of the minimum covered services for all Managed Medical Assistance plans serving Medicaid enrollees.
Florida Medicaid recipients requiring medically necessary evaluation and management services.
Information on Medicaid health plans and services is available on the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care webpage.
The Florida Medicaid coverage policies, fee schedules, and Rule are available on the Agency Website.