Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Ambulatory Surgical Center Services
Medicaid reimburses Ambulatory Surgical Centers for scheduled, elective, medically necessary surgical care to patients who do not require hospitalization when the surgery meets the following:
- Requires a dedicated operating room.
- Normally not emergency or life threatening in nature.
- Listed in the Medicaid Ambulatory Surgery Center fee schedule.
- Ninety minutes or less in operating time.
- Four hours or less recovery or convalescent time.
- Does not require major invasion of body cavities or directly involve major blood vessels.
- Does not usually result in heavy loss of blood.
This service is one of the minimum covered services for all Managed Medical Assistance plans serving Medicaid enrollees.
All Medicaid recipients may receive medically necessary Ambulatory Surgical Center services in accordance with coverage and limitations requirements.
Information on Medicaid health plans and services is available on the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care webpage.
The Florida Medicaid coverage policies, fee schedules, and Rule are available on the Agency Website.