Office of Risk Management and Patient Safety
The Agency for Health Care Administration administers serious patient injury reporting, tracking, trending and problem resolution programs in hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes and certain HMOs as directed by Florida Statutes.
Important Notices and Alerts:
- To reach Risk Management and Patient Safety (RMPS) staff, use the "Contact Us" link in the Local Navigation on the left side of this webpage.
- To request an extension form please contact the RMPS Unit's staff directly.
New User ID and Password Applications
(IMPORTANT: A User ID and Password from AHCA are required to submit an Adverse Incident Report.)
New User Application for Hospitals, ASCs, HMOs, and ALFs
New User Application for Nursing Homes
Online Adverse Incident Reporting
(IMPORTANT: No faxed reports will be accepted.)
Hospitals, ASCs, ALFs, and HMOs
(IMPORTANT: This system may time out after 20 minutes if the online reporting is not complete.)
Adverse Incident Reporting Resources
Florida Statues (F.S.):
- Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers -- 395.0197, F.S.
- Assisted Living Facilities -- 429.23, F.S.
- HMOs -- 641.55, F.S.
- Nursing Homes -- 400.147, F.S.
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.):
- Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers -- 59A-10, F.A.C.
- Assisted Living Facilities -- 58A-5, F.A.C.
- HMOs -- 59A-12, F.A.C.
- Nursing Homes -- 59A-4, F.A.C.