Office of Risk Management and Patient Safety
The Agency for Health Care Administration administers serious patient injury reporting, tracking, trending and problem resolution programs in hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes and certain HMOs as directed by Florida Statutes.
Important Notices and Alerts:
- SUBMISSION OF Adverse Incident Reports: If you are unable to submit an Adverse Incident Report into the Agency's "AIRS" electronic reporting system due to no internet service following Hurricane Michael, please contact the Office of Risk Management and Patient Safety directly at (850) 412-3731, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- USER REGISTRATION GUIDE - How to access the AHCA Incident Reporting System (AIRS) through the Single Sign On (SSO) Portal
- REPORT SUBMISSION GUIDE - (Updated 6/7/2018) How to navigate through the AHCA Incident Reporting System (AIRS) and submit an incident report.
- SPANISH AIRS USER GUIDE
- AIRS TRAINING VIDEO - A live demonstration on how to submit a report in (AIRS).
- For assistance submitting a REPORT in the AHCA Incident Reporting System (AIRS), contact the Risk Management and Patient Safety unit at (850) 412 -3731 or email@example.com.
- For assistance submitting your User Agreement for APPROVAL to access the AHCA Incident Reporting System (AIRS), contact the Central Intake Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reach the Risk Management and Patient Safety (RMPS) unit or request an extension form, call our main line number (850) 412-3731.
Single Sign On Portal - Adverse Incident Reporting (Log-in and Registration)
Adverse Incident Annual Report
Submit Liability Claims Report
Adverse Incident Reporting Resources
Florida Statutes (F.S.):
- Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers -- 395.0197, F.S.
- HMOs -- 641.55, F.S.
- Assisted Living Facilities -- 429.23, F.S.
- Nursing Homes -- 400.147, F.S.
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.):