Medicaid Child Health Services
Child Health Check-Up
The Child Health Check-Up program is a preventive and comprehensive service for eligible children birth through 20 years of age and for children in the MediKids Program.
Good health starts with regular check-ups! Regular check-ups help to identify health problems before they become serious.
Is it time for your child’s check-up? Call your child's doctor today to schedule an appointment.
- Regular physical exams
- Growth Measurements
- Immunizations (shots)
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Dental Screenings
- Other important tests and services
- Referral for diagnosis and treatment, if necessary
Eligible children and young adults should have a health check-up at:
- 2-4 days for newborns discharged in less than 48 hours after delivery;
- by 1 month;
- 2 months;
- 4 months;
- 6 months;
- 9 months;
- 12 months;
- 15 months;
- 18 months;
- 24 months;
- 30 months;
- once every year for ages 3-20.
You may also request a Child Health Check-Up at other times if you think your child needs it.
Florida’s Medicaid Services for Children under age 21
As long as it is medically necessary, you can expect:
- No limit on approved services.
- No wait list for services.
- No total coverage limit on approved services.
- No limit on the number of visits to the Doctor, Therapist, Dentist, or any other Medicaid Provider.
- Services covered now that may not be after your child reaches the age of 21.
Services may need a referral or prior approval.
For more information on Child Health Check-Ups, call your MediPass provider, HMO provider, PSN provider, County Health Department, Community Health Center or local Medicaid area office.