Through the completion of the on-line application (MAPIR), the provider is attesting that they have met all program requirements for the payment year in which they are applying. For each payment year, the provider must meet basic program eligibility criteria and volume requirements. Providers are required to maintain documentation that supports their attestations for a period of six years.
In addition to the information contained directly in the application, EPs must upload certain documentation to support their application. This documentation does vary based on participation year but at a minimum, applications must be supported by:
- Vendor certification supporting 2014 or 2015 Certified EHR technology (CEHRT). Certification must be on the vendor's letterhead and contain the provider's name or practice name, the 2014 or 2015 Certification number, the name and version of the system, and the date of implementation of the 2014 or 2015 certified system.
- A report supporting volume – this can be from a Practice Management System or other reporting formats but must support your numerator and denominator. Patient level information is not required. A Volume Workbook [XLSX 15 KB] is available for providers using a combination of encounters in determining eligibility.
- Physician Assistants (PAs) must complete and submit the PA-Led Attestation Form. [PDF 208 KB]
- ARNPs OR PAs (practicing in a PA led facility) whose services are billed under a supervising physician – a copy of a medical record supporting your provision of a Medicaid service.
- Clearly label uploads as to their subject matter.
- Maintain Documentation of information used in completing your attestation.
|Meaningful Use Documentation
||Adopt, Implement, or Upgrade Documentation
Providers attesting to Meaningful Use must include:
- A copy of their Meaningful Use report from their system for meaningful use measures and clinical quality measures.
- Providers practice at more than one practice must complete the Additional Documentation Form.
- Encounter Report for EHR Reporting Period.
- Security Risk Analysis including Asset Inventory and Final Report.
- For Public Health Reporting
- Documentation from the registry of active engagement OR
- Documentation supporting exclusions other than alternate exclusions
Providers applying for an adopt, implement, or upgrade (AIU) payment must provide vendor certification supporting 2014 Certified EHR technology (CEHRT) as described above.