NOTICE: This page is no longer maintained and will be removed May 20, 2018.
FAQs Section 11: License renewal process
11.1 How often do I renew my license?
A home health license is issued for two years. Renewal applications are due to the Agency 60 days prior to the expiration date on the license. A renewal reminder postcard will be sent to your home health agency at least 90 days prior to the expiration of your license.
11.2 What are the steps to follow when renewing my license?
The steps you need to follow for renewal of your license include:
- Download the application AHCA Form 3110-1011 from the website and complete it
- Complete the other applicable forms including Health Care Licensing Addendum AHCA Form 3110-1024
- Include level 2 background screening clearance information for Administrator and Financial Officer if they are new since the last renewal and the Home Care Unit has not already been notified. If they submit proof of level 2 screening that is not more than 5 years old from the Department of Children and Families, Department of Elder Affairs, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Department of Health or AHCA Medicaid then AHCA Form 3100-008 Affidavit of Compliance with Background Screening Requirements must be signed and submitted with the renewal application ( “Background Screening” for new level 2 screening requirements)
- Include documentation of current liability and malpractice insurance
- If the application for initial licensure was submitted after July 1, 2008, renewals for these agencies must include a copy of their current accreditation report from an Agency approved accrediting organization