NOTICE: This page is no longer maintained and will be removed May 20, 2018.

FAQs Section 1: Types of licenses and who should apply

1.1 Is my business required to have a home health agency license?

Businesses requiring licensure as a home health agency include the following:

Home health services include the following:

Also, home health agencies are exempt from home medical equipment licensing per state law.

1.2 What is the difference between a Home Health Agency, a Nurse Registry, a Health Care Services Pool and a Homemaker Companion service?

 Home Health Agencies:

Nurse Registry:

Health Care Services Pool:

Homemaker Companion Services:

1.3 Can I have a nurse registry/home health/homemaker companion agency under one license number?

Nurse registries and home health agencies are separately licensed. Homemaker companion services are separately registered. There is no need to have a homemaker companion registration if you intend to get licensed as a home health agency or a nurse registry since the home health agencies and nurse registries can provide homemakers and companions under their licenses. These are only a few of the differences. For more information, please review the Florida Statutes and the Florida Administrative Code with each of these programs at this web site.

If you have a question on whether or not your business needs to be licensed and the type of license call the Home Care Unit at (850) 412-4403 and ask to speak to a home health licensure specialist.

Back to Top