NOTICE: This page has moved to This page is no longer maintained and will be removed May 20, 2018. Please bookmark the new page for future use.

Health Care Services Pool Frequently Asked Questions

Bureau of Health Facility Regulation
Home Care Unit
2727 Mahan Drive - Mail Stop #34
Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 412-4403 Phone
(850) 922-5374 Fax

6.1 Will I be fined if I am late submitting my renewal application or documents?

ANSWER: Yes. Your application is to be submitted 60 days prior to expiration.  In accordance with section 408.806(2)(d), F.S., the licensee’s failure to timely file a renewal application and license application fee with the agency shall result in a $50 per day late fee charged to the licensee by the agency; however, the aggregate amount of the late fee may not exceed 50 percent of the licensure fee or $500, whichever is less.


6.2 How long are files supposed to be kept for the staff sent of out the health care facilities and agencies?

ANSWER: The state law and rules for health care services pools do not specify the length of time that personnel files or records are to be retained. You are expected to have records on all personnel that you have placed that are still working in positions at facilities and agencies that you placed them with.


6.3 Can I have contractors or just employees with my registration?

ANSWER: You can have both.


6.4 How do I file a complaint against a Health Care Services Pool (HCSP) that provides services beyond the scope of its HCSP registration?

ANSWER: Call the AHCA Complaint call center: 1-888-419-3456


6.5 Are Health Care Services Pools inspected or surveyed?

ANSWER: No, but a field office surveyor may make an unannounced visit when a complaint is received by AHCA that alleges any violation of the state laws or rules for the health care services pool. The most common complaint received is about providing personal care, such as services provided by a home health aide or CNA, without a home health agency or nurse registry license.


6.6 What are the procedures for closing a Health Care Services Pool business?

ANSWER: The state law [408.810(4)(a), Florida Statutes] requires that you inform the agency not less than 30 days prior to the discontinuance of operation and inform clients that you are closing and when. Immediately upon discontinuing operation, send the registration certificate to the AHCA Home Care Unit, 2727 Mahan Drive – Mail Stop 34, Tallahassee, FL 32308.


6.7 I cannot locate my current registration certificate; how do I get a duplicate copy?

ANSWER: Send a letter requesting a duplicate copy of your registration, along with a check or money order for $25 payable to AHCA, to the Home Care Unit, 2727 Mahan Drive – Mail Stop 34, Tallahassee, FL 32308. Be sure to include your registration number, current address, telephone number, fax number and email address.


6.8 Do I have to have a website for this business?

ANSWER: No. If you do not have a website, write "NA" for not applicable when you are completing the application form. If you do have a website, your license (registration)umber must appear on this site.


6.9 Will I receive a renewal reminder notice when it is time to renew my registration?

ANSWER: Yes. A courtesy renewal reminder postcard will be sent at least 90 days prior to the expiration of your registration. Renewal reminder notices are no longer being sent by certified letter. To ensure that you receive timely notice, please visit to verify that your mailing address is accurate. See the Frequently Asked Question #5.1 on this web page for how to make a change of address.


Please contact the Home Care Unit by email or by phone (850)412-4403 if you have any other questions.