Health Care Services Pool Frequently Asked Questions

NOTICE: This page has moved to This page is no longer maintained and will be removed May 20, 2018. Please bookmark the new page for future use.

Bureau of Health Facility Regulation
Home Care Unit
2727 Mahan Drive - Mail Stop #34
Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 412-4403 Phone
(850) 922-5374 Fax


4.1 My company is based in another state, what must I do to operate in Florida?

ANSWER: You must file for an Affidavit of Foreign Incorporation with the Florida Department of State. See the response to Section 2 question #2.8. You will need to obtain a health care services pool registration from AHCA, as provided at this site.


4.2 Can I have an office address in another state?



4.3 Can I operate all my offices on the one registration?

ANSWER: No, there must be a separate registration for each physical location from which you are conducting business.


4.4 Can I operate from my home or do I need an office?

ANSWER: You may operate from with your home or a commercial office as long as you comply with your local zoning laws.  Please note that you may get inspected on an unannounced basis during the weekday if a complaint is received by AHCA. Also, your business name, your street address, and your telephone number will appear at the AHCA web site


4.5 Am I restricted to a certain geographic area of the state to operate?



4.6 Can a managing employee or financial officer cover more than one office?



4.7 I am out of state and want to transport nurses to do temporary work in Florida, do I have to be registered?