Polly Weaver, Bureau Chief
2727 Mahan Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
(850) 921-2423 Fax
Field Operations directs facility inspections, which evaluate factors such as:
- management and administration
- nursing services
- social services
- dietary services
- laboratory services
- compliance with state and federal fire safety codes
It also maintains records of survey deficiencies and completes survey report forms. When deficiencies are found, a report is generated to the facility for corrective action. When necessary, Field Operations recommends sanctions, fines, and de-certifications.
In addition, it helps to develop facility regulations and procedures, investigates complaints about facilities, and carries out certain quality assurance initiatives. Field Operations has eight area offices that offer facility quality assurance services to Florida's 67 counties.
- AHCA Monitoring of Hospital and Nursing Home Food Service Operations, August, 2010
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Survey and Certification Memos
- Quality Indicator Survey Forms