AHCA: Emergency Power Rules
Emergency Power Plan Rules
- Emergency Power Plan Status
- For additional details on facilities check the facility profile page on FloridaHealthFinder.gov
- Rule 58A-5.036, F.A.C., Emergency Environmental Control for Assisted Living Facilities (Final rule text ratified by the Legislature.)
- Rule 59A-4.1265, F.A.C., Emergency Environmental Control for Nursing Homes (Final rule text ratified by the Legislature.)
- Emergency Power Plan Rules Q&As [536KB PDF] (April 20, 2018)
- Emergency Power Plans – The Agency has developed a Sample Format for Nursing Homes (Revised May 18, 2018) and a Sample Format for Assisted Living Facilities to be used when submitting emergency power plans to the local emergency management agencies.
- Consumer Friendly Summary (Revised May 24, 2018) - Each nursing home and assisted living facility must submit a consumer-friendly summary of the emergency power plan to the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). As a guide AHCA has developed a Consumer Friendly Summary Sample Format to assist you. Completed summaries must be mailed or emailed to the Agency as indicated in this document.
- Extensions - As a guide, AHCA has developed a sample Extension Notification for ALFs and Extension Request for Nursing Homes for facilities to utilize if they need an extension beyond June 1, 2018, in order to fully implement the emergency power plan.
- Assisted Living Facility Extension Quarterly Report
- Nursing Home Extension Monthly Report
- Exemption for Equipment Used to Generate Emergency Electricity at Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities – Tax Information Publication issued by the Florida Department of Revenue regarding emergency electricity equipment that is exempt from sales and use tax if purchased between July 1, 2017, and December 21, 2018.
- Generator Safety Brochure – Includes important tips to ensure safety while using generators. The printable PDF is ideal for posting in facilities.