Secure Background Screening Results Web Site
A secure web site for viewing criminal history screening results processed by the Agency. This site also includes Department of Health screening results for Certified Nursing Assistants. Site requires a user name and password.
CHANGES TO THE BGS RESULTS WEBSITE:
In response to the requirements passed during the 2010 Legislative session, the Agency released enhancements to the Screening Results Website. These changes went into effect February 29, 2012
The new website allows users to initiate a screening, search and select a LiveScan service provider and connect to the service provider’s website to schedule appointments. Utilizing the Background Screening website to initiate screening requests provides the following benefits:
- Ability to track screenings from the time the screening request is initiated in the Screening Results Website until a determination is made.
- Provides email notification to the user regarding status updates to requests initiated.
- Ability to search for LiveScan Service Providers by certain criteria (county, name, etc.). Provides information and ability to connect to the fingerprint service provider’s website to make appointments.
- Provides TCR# needed for sending an applicant to be rescreened for rejected prints.
- Posts Public Record version of state criminal history record (RAP sheet) for review by the provider requesting the original screening.
- Allows user to connect to a screening request in process for notification when results are available (reduces duplicative screening).
- Creates a “status” report and a “completed screening listing” report of screenings requested by the user (eliminates the need to search for each screening result individually).
- Maintain an employee roster by entering hire and separation dates for each employee. This facilitates a notification to the employer if the eligibility status of an employee changes.
- Incorporates the review of screening results through the Department of Health, the Agency’s screening results, and a review of the Office of Inspector General’s Listing of Excluded Individuals from Medicare and Medicaid into one eligibility determination.
- Redesigned Individual Profile page that includes:
- Eligibility Results for Employment and Medicaid Provider Enrollment
- Department of Health Professional Licensure Status
- View screenings in process
- State criminal history report viewable for the provider initiating the screening
- Employment History
For instructions on using the website read the AHCA Clearinghouse Results website - Instruction Guide document.
If you currently have access to the Agency’s Background Screening Results Website, your user name and password will remain the same. You will need to complete an online form to capture additional information to assist in resetting future passwords. If you are not enrolled, you will need to create an account and submit a User Agreement. The link to the Agency’s Web Portal is: https://apps.ahca.myflorida.com/SingleSignOnPortal/.
For instructions on how to register with the Portal, view our AHCA Clearinghouse User Registration Guide.
Current users will be able to access the system upon completing the online form. The User Agreement for new accounts must be received and approved by Agency staff before accessing the site. Once access is granted users can initiate new screenings or search for individuals screened through the Agency in the previous 5 years. To create your employee roster, you will need to search for each employee and add them to your listing. Once added, the employee will remain on your roster.
TO ALL HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS:
We recommend that you frequently review employee eligibility on the website. Daily updates to the website might change an individual's eligibility to work for a health care provider.
AHCA Background Screening Results Website
The Agency’s Background Screening Results Website provides direct access electronic screening results to licensed providers, initial applicants to the Agency and registered third party vendors and health care contractors. This website enables users to search criminal history screening results of persons required to be screened for potential employees/contractors screened through the Agency and those that have had a Level 2 screening through the Department of Health for certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant. These are the only two state agencies whose results will be reported on this site. For instructions on how to register for access to the Background Screening Results Website, please view our "AHCA Clearinghouse User Registration Guide".
Health Care Contractors may also submit screenings and review screening results processed through the Agency. To gain access to the system, Contractors must register with AHCA to obtain a AHCA #. Send a request by fax, mail, or email on company letterhead to the Background Screening Unit at 2727 Mahan Drive, MS 40, Tallahassee, FL 32308, fax # (850)487-0470, or email BGScreen@ahca.myflorida.com. Please include the following information in the request:
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Contact First and Last Name
- Contact Title
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- Contact Fax
- Section 408.809(e), Florida Statutes, (F.S.), states that any person, as required by authorizing statutes, contracting with a licensee or provider licensed by AHCA whose responsibilities require him or her to provide personal care or personal services directly to clients must have a Level 2 background screening pursuant to chapter 435 conducted through the Agency. Please provide the type of positions your company is providing that fall under the above requirements.
- Please list the types of AHCA regulated health care facilities the company contracts with.
You will be contacted once the account is set up and given your AHCA #. Once you receive this number you will be able to log into the Agency’s secure website and complete a user agreement.