Consumer Complaint, Publication and Information Call Center
The agency provides a toll-free telephone system for consumers to call in order to file complaints, receive publications, information and referral numbers. This system can be accessed by calling the number below between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time Monday through Friday. Complaints about health care facilities are taken during regular business hours, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time (EST).
For registering your complaints, requesting publications or requesting information, use the following options:
- To report Medicaid fraud or abuse to the agency.
- Available Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., EST. To file a complaint about a health care facility, such as a hospital, nursing home, assisted living facility, home health agency, or other type of health care facility. Your patient care complaint may also be filed at any time, by completing the Health Care Facility Complaint Form. Please search our FloridaHealthFinder.gov site to see if the facility you have concerns about is one that is regulated by our Agency.
- Available Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST. To file a complaint against a health maintenance organization (HMO). If you are having problems with the HMO's internal grievance process. If you have completed the internal grievance process and wish to appeal. If you need referral numbers to member services or the grievance coordinators.
- To obtain general information about Medicaid or other areas of the Agency or to receive an Agency telephone number.
- To request an agency publication. To view or download AHCA publications, go to the Agency's Publications page.
If you would like to have a directory of all facilities of a particular type such as nursing homes or hospitals, you may download that information from our website at http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov/.
Read more about what happens when you make a complaint.
Useful links from the Call Center.